Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mom Report Day 34

My mom is doing pretty well at home. She is a little more comfortable there and no one is waking her up every two hours to stick her with something. She left the hospital with a feeding tube and a gastric drainage tube that were supposed to be removed Tuesday. Unfortunately the doctor said “they weren’t ready to come out yet.” I know my mom was really ready for them to come out, but apparently there has to be some more internal healing before they “will” come out.


She is eating really well which is a good thing; she is becoming increasingly active which is also a good thing. My sister said she was out for a walk for a little while…a really little while, but is making good progress.


When I talked to her earlier this week, she said the cancer surgeon told her the surgery did not get all of the cancer and she would need chemo. I don’t know how she sounded, but I’m sure very worried. I’m going back during the first week of July—my dad’s 80th birthday, and to spend some time with her.

No comments: