Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mom Report Day 17

It has now been 17 days since mom's surgery. I spoke with my sister Jenise last night. I don't know which is harder--being there with her as she struggles to recover or being 370 miles away...

Th good news is that mom continues to get better. Yesterday she began to eat "soft food"--mashed potatoes, and had a bunch of visitors, which she had previously avoided. I know it is tough just being in the hospital doing not much of anything and not getting any real rest.

Mom is continuing to do some physical therapy, walk, and spend time out of the hospital bed.

I'm praying that she continues to heal; gets to go home soon (Saturday?); and that God is preparing her, and my dad, for the difficult next steps in the treatment process.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Thanks for keeping your blog updated on how your mom is doing. Am praying God will give both your mom and dad strength as they battle this cancer together.

Kathy